Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Conquered One Of My Fears!!!


So. This is a picture of me on this GIANT (ok. Not GIANT but fairly long) walking bridge near where I live. I have lived in the area for almost 4 years but could never walk across this bridge. Why? I am terrified of bridges. My worst fear is not being able to breathe. Which means I am claustrophobic, and I have a fear of drowning. Which has turned into a fear of bridges. Especially being in a car and driving off a bridge. I have nightmares about that all the time. Anyways, this particular bridge in the picture... for some reason I had put on a fear of bridges pedestal. I felt like, if I could gain the courage to walk across that bridge... I can cross ANY bridge with limited amounts of fear. AND I DID IT! Plus, it really has helped me relax a little more. NEXT STEP? I want to bungee jump off a bridge. It's on that List of Impossible Things I linked to in my first post. You bet I will tell you all when I do it :P (Notice I said "when" I do and not "if"?) Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment